Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

End stop false reads

Posted by erikn 
End stop false reads
September 14, 2014 12:38AM
Hello all,
I am just now installing my end stops as I am nearing the end of my i3x build. I have NC to S and COM on -. I plugged the end stops in and send M119 to check their value. I got that Y was low but all the other were high (even though i wasn't pressing any). I pressed y and got a return of H. I then unplugged y and got a return that it was H, along with all the others that were still plugged in. Noticing that the endstops are read as L only when they are plugged in I began testing out different pins on the endstop location on the RAMPS 1.4. Still, all read as H even when nothing is pressed. Eventually after sending M119 a bunch of times I got an error back about the hot end (dont remember exactly), then my computer crashed. Im using the OSX printrun. I am not too concerned about the computer thing but I just want to get the endstops working. THE FOLLOWING DOES NOT CONCERN THE EDNSTOPS, YOU DONT HAVE TO READ, JUST A NOTE A note about the computer: Earlier, printrun became completely unresponsive so I tried to throw it out but it wouldnt let me becasue it was still open apparently even though I force quit it. So i then unpacked the zip again and tried opening the second one and the app just wouldnt open. I tried trashing it but I couldnt because even though it wouldn't open my computer said it was open. I then went to restart my computer and it just went on forever (about 2 hours) so I shut it down. I then switched it back on and trashed all printrun files and re downloaded the zip and unpacked and now it is working. Not sure what that was all about... Just thought I would share that, sorry, I am on this part of the thread about the endstops Im not to concerned about computer.

Many thanks
Re: End stop false reads
September 15, 2014 04:26AM
Did you put the X and Y axes' in the middle of their travel (away from the endstops) and move the Z axis away from its endstop before testing? i.e. check the signal level in those positions first and then by manually closing each one to test signal level again? I'm not 100% sure what you did hence my question.
Obviously, in the former situation, all switches should be high and in the latter, all should read low. If all is good, then check your endstops in config.h

September 15, 2014 01:16PM
What is your configuration.h settings for your endstops?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login