Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just want to jog please

Posted by Datajoe 
Just want to jog please
October 30, 2014 11:03PM
Hello. I am wanting to jog and test my axis but nothing is moving. I used the ramps test file and all axis move smooth. But, when i use any firmware or print program i can not jog the axis. My question is exactly what has to be connected for ramps and firmware and program to say, ok you can move. Ex, does the thermistor have to be conneced? There must be something telling ramps do not move. I have tried sprinter and pronterface and now marlin. Read a thousand posts and watched endless videos. I am sure it is something simple i am not seeing. I thought my problems were over after dealing with a bad ramps board. But I am blessed.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Joe
Re: Just want to jog please
October 31, 2014 12:08AM
the hot end thermistor must be connected

Dont know what front end your running but the ramps is probbly screaming "Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart" and you just not seeing it.
October 31, 2014 05:46PM
Oh, i am seeing it! What is the error i am not sure. I have connected the thermistor now and have some life. Using marlin and pronterface now. But i only get movement when tapping the home tabs. Not on the directional tabs. And the extruder motor does not turn. I am not heating anything. Would like to do some calibrations but not jogging correct. Can i dry run a file with no heat?
Thanks again. I thought the learning curve on my cnc router was tough. This little I2 is burning my brain also.
I am learning the ERRORS of my life.
One day i will smell the sweet odor of burning plastic.
Thanks for reply dust.
I am still seeing error after the thermistor connection.
Because it is not hot enough??
I am going to try disable min temp.
October 31, 2014 07:56PM
The E stepper is disabled until the min temp is reached by default, to stop you damaging your extruder.... sending a M302 to the printer will Allow cold extrude

no movement on X,Y and Z and can home is normally one of two things

Endstops: send the printer a m119 to Get Endstop Status, if an endstop says triggered it will not move in that direction. Unplugged end stops are normally setup to be triggered for safety.

Feedrate: the default feedrates in pronterface are far to fast and your firmware doesnt have its max feed rates setup yet. So change them in pronterface to something more realistic to start with x/y 400 z 3. NB this only affects the manual jog federates. Sliceing and trying to print something will use the feedrates you set in your slicer application.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2014 08:02PM by Dust.
November 03, 2014 01:02AM
Ok. still having no jog. and yes my e-stops are reading triggered. i guess this would hinder movement. but, i disconnect and they read open and still have no jog.
I just send the 302 code and then I should be able to jog the extruder motor? If i can get this jog problem fixed. we will not even talk about getting the LCD to work yet. haaa.
I aprecciate all of the help i am recieving.
I am starting to feel as inteligent of my 5 month old daughter.
November 05, 2014 03:58AM
ok.
activate ramps in the pins config
set thermistor to 1
invert min endstops to false
Installed a 100k resistor in extruder thermistor pins. To mimic temperature...
and now we have movement and jog. yey
now on to the next hurdle.
just a update
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login