Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-Motors not homing

Posted by nambass 
Z-Motors not homing
April 28, 2015 01:34PM
Hi Folks, need some more help here - PLEASE

I have a Mendel90 and downloaded various Marlin source code for the Mendel90. Tried it with all of them, with LCD and also without the LCD. I get no error and my min stops works also perfect. Both the X and Y axis works 100 and home correct.

My problem is the the Z-Axis. The total height currently in my configuration file for my Z- Axis is 203 and the home position is on top. Zero will therefore be on the bed.
When I click home the Z- Axis move like 10 steps down. When doing this a few times, I can jog up again but only to the same position it was before I jog down. For some reason it is not going to the home.
I also tried G1 Z200 to kind of force it to go the the top, but still, it is not moving.

What am I missing??
Re: Z-Motors not homing
April 28, 2015 04:56PM
From what you're describing, is your end stop at the top? If so, have you enabled a max end stop for the Z axis in Configuration.h?

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
April 28, 2015 05:55PM
Yes, My end stop is on top. I have 3 end stops connected and all three are connected to the min ports, meaning X-min, Y-min and Z-min are the once used.
What line are you referring too that I should change?

I attached my configuration.h file
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (35.1 KB)
April 28, 2015 06:05PM
I'm not sure why you have it set up that way. You typically have a min end stop at the top when the bed moves vertically. When the X axis moves vertically, the 0 position is down the bottom at the bed, where you put the min end stop. Home = min = 0.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
April 29, 2015 04:17AM
Well, let me explain. the original melzi board I fried, and am still waiting for the replacement board. but cannot wait any longer and now want to use the printer with what I have, the ramps board. On the Melzi board the end-stops were like that, and I thought if I replicate the same settings, it will be fine. It is no problem to plug the z- axis endstop into the max port. I did and the z- axis now moves to the top if I manually jog it to the top. When I jog the Z-Axis it moves normal. but when I click on the Z- Home button, then the motors is just making a pitch noise, not moving, until I press the limit switch, then the motors move a few steps down(basically moves away from the the endstop.
April 29, 2015 06:17AM
Sounds like your homing feed rate / max feed rate for the Z axis is too high. Slow it down a bit and it should move OK.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login