Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder 0 on PIN D8???

Posted by cupofcoffee 
Extruder 0 on PIN D8???
August 28, 2015 02:20AM
Hello,

i have connected the extruder on connector D10 an the fan for the Extruder on D9, but nothing happens, neither the extruder becomes hot nor the fan is running. I have measured the voltage at D10, D9 and D8 and asserted that after turning on the extruder the 12V are at D8 and not at D10. So changing the extruder on D8 it runs. But why at D8 and not at D10? I tought D8 normaly is for the Bed. The fan at D9 still doesn´t run.

Does anybody know why? I am using Marlin, are there any settings to change this?

Thanks for helping.
Re: Extruder 0 on PIN D8???
August 28, 2015 02:38AM
You are right, usually D8 is for the bed heater and D10 is for extruder.
Have you tried to power only the 5A side ( outer two pins of the green connector ) and see if D8 still switches on? ( Not just the LED lighting, but the MOSFET switching to GND )
What board type did you chose in marlins configuration.h? ( 33 is EFB= extruder/fan/bed )

Regarding the fan: you should send M106 S127 or any other S value between 1 and 255, to get the fan running.
Send M107 to switch it off.
August 28, 2015 03:09AM
The board type i Chose in Marlin is 35 (eff= Extruder/fan/fan), because i have actually no bed installed.

When i am back home, i will act on your suggestion and report the results....
August 31, 2015 04:55AM
So i have tested a few settings.
I think it is the board type. When I habe board type 35, then the Extruder is on D10, if I habe board type 33 the Extruder is on D8.
I dont no why the firmware change the pins, but its ok, so my problem is solved.

Thanks to all.
August 31, 2015 11:16AM
It actually makes sense to have the biggest current on the 11A fuse.
But it´s bad programming style, that it goes without further notice. They should call it FFE instead of EFF, to make it clear.
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login