Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thermistor Issue changing from Printrboard to RAMPS 1.4

Posted by Rein_Aurre 
Thermistor Issue changing from Printrboard to RAMPS 1.4
September 13, 2015 03:59PM
A bit of background info:

I started with a QUBD 2-UP and used it to make a new printer (a SmartRap Core) with an e3d v6 in a bowden setup. It worked great, save for the fact that I made it large enough that a 2nd z-axis was required, and I was able to get a handful of smaller prints out of it (due to the sagging build platform). Rather than mess with getting a 2nd Z motor working on the Printrboard I decided to make the switch to a RAMPS 1.4. Before I could set up the new board however, I moved across the country. I made sure everything was disconnected during the move and nothing could get caught on anything (I built a custom cabinet for the printer, so nothing could get in or out). I left the motors, hot end, and fans in place, but all their wires just dangled down to the bottom of the cabinet so there was nothing pulling on them, bending them, etc.

Now that I've gotten settled and made sure the printer suffered no damage, I've finally hooked up the RAMPS 1.4. Everything works great, except the thermistor (which I have not changed and worked just fine on the Printrboard prior to the move). The thermistor is connected to T0 and reads a constant 130 degrees when powered by USB only, and 134 degrees when I turn on the power supply. I'm able to heat up the hot end, but the temperature of the thermistor does not change. I finally busted out my multimeter and checked the resistance of the thermistor while unplugged from the board, but was having difficulty getting a good reading. The most consistent reading I was able to get was around 17 MOhms, which seems wildly incorrect to me since this is the standard thermistor that comes with the e3d v6.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here and, more importantly, what I can do to get this working again?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2015 04:03PM by Rein_Aurre.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login