Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problem with my lcd on my ramps 1.4

Posted by espadon 
problem with my lcd on my ramps 1.4
July 07, 2015 07:01AM
Hello I really need your help
i just built my own 3d printer and everything work fine but i have a little problem.
the lcd can't read the sd card when i insert the card i got with the controller it displays "card inserted" BUT when i look in the menu it says "no card".
i am using a long ribbon cable more or less one meter and i can't shorten it
I am using the new Marlin 1.0.2
Can you help me pleaaase
Re: problem with my lcd on my ramps 1.4
July 07, 2015 07:53AM
ribbon cable too long and picking up too much noise. use a shorter cable and shield it.
July 07, 2015 08:26AM
Thank's AndrewBCN but i have to use a meter ribbon cable i don't have other choise . what's the solution
July 07, 2015 12:22PM
what size card? have you tried formatting it?

Did you uncomment sdsupport in the additional features section of the config.h?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2015 12:25PM by Jc61990.
July 07, 2015 06:55PM
the card is 8G i formated it and did uncomment sdsupport and the same problem i can't read the sd card
July 07, 2015 09:42PM
espadon
Thank's AndrewBCN but i have to use a meter ribbon cable i don't have other choise . what's the solution

There is no solution. The sdcard simply cannot transmit signals reliably over a meter long cable.

You can't bend the laws of physics, however much you wish for it... eye rolling smiley
July 08, 2015 04:23AM
AndrewBCN
espadon

There is no solution. The sdcard simply cannot transmit signals reliably over a meter long cable.

You can't bend the laws of physics, however much you wish for it... eye rolling smiley

i just used 70 cm of the ribbon wire and it work nicely i need just 20 cm more and it will be perfect eye rolling smiley i wish i could find a solution
July 08, 2015 12:33PM
maybe it can be done with ethernet cabe since it is Shielded and twisted. or you can look into using an SDRamps board
July 09, 2015 07:49AM
Jc61990
maybe it can be done with ethernet cabe since it is Shielded and twisted. or you can look into using an SDRamps board

I don't have enough space for the ethernet Shielded cabe; i have to use the ribbon standard cable that came with the lcd
September 16, 2015 05:00AM
Sometimes I have problems just like you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login