Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPs 1.4 COM problem

Posted by Arco 
RAMPs 1.4 COM problem
May 11, 2016 07:14AM
Hello guys,
I have very strange things over here. Today I started printing my model with my DLP printer and in the middle of print it stopped. The force on the stepper is gone. Also, CW 1.0.0.75which I used made a crash. After this situation I can not connect with my printer via CW till the random moment when I disconnect servo, or something else. Right now the situation looks like:

- I can not connect with Arduino board when RAMPS 1.4 is installed
- I can connect with Arduino without RAMPS 1.4
- I can not upload any firmware when RAMPS 1.4 is installed, also Windows 7 doesn't see any COM3 when RAMPS 1.4 is installed
- I uploaded RAMPS test code to Arduino without any problem, but nothing changed when installed RAMPS on the board.
- I changed stepstick for another one - nothing changed,
- I changed the stepper motor and tried with both stepsticks - nothing changed
- While I pressed the RAMPS 1.4 Reset button, the LED blinks green TWICE and stopped (no any more light)

I am sure You have got any ideas what would have happened here, It would be nice to hear any suggestion to avoid this situation in the future. Do You think that my RAMPS burned somehow?

Kind Regards from sunny Poland,
Arco

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2016 07:15AM by Arco.
Re: RAMPs 1.4 COM problem
May 11, 2016 08:15AM
"I can not connect with Arduino board when RAMPS 1.4 is installed"

This is worry, it means that something on the ramps is stopping the mega...

Did you try the ramps board on the mega but with nothing else plugged in... no external power, no pololus, no cables, only usb to power and talk to it. ?

If that still will not talk, its a dead ramps... though im not sure what, there isn’t much on it that’s likely to die, mosfets and caps are about all.
May 11, 2016 05:08PM
Hello Dust,
thank You for Your ideas.
First time I unplugged the servo and connection back, after few minutes it's gone again. I tried to unplug everything once connection works, few minutes later doesn't. In all cases stepper didn't move sad smiley
I will try tomorrow again and let You know.

Cheers,
Arco
May 12, 2016 08:08AM
Hi there,
strange thing. First I unplugged the old stepstick - connection back, then I installed new Stepstick and connection also back but after i plugged 12V connection lost again and now It doesn't connect with any stepstick.

I have no idea, after few minutes connection works even with stepstick connected to the right axis... It's very random sh*** right now.

I will check the power section, for the 1st idea diods gone, because it's 99% power issue, because I can not even heard the stepper.

PS> Movie from ramps test code. Theoretically works... [www.instagram.com]

Cheers,
Arek

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2016 08:09AM by Arco.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login