Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-Endstop problem

Posted by MathijsF 
Z-Endstop problem
September 14, 2012 07:06AM
Dear all,

I have a problem with my Prusa Mendell running on a Ramps 1.4 and Marlin firmware that just arose. Before everything was working fine.

I haven't used the printer in a few weeks, but now the Z-axis will not home or move down anymore, only upwards. When I try to move in down in printrun it say it shows "echo:endstops hit: Z:7.00". I checked the endstop and that isn't broken. Trying different settings for the Z-axis in the firmware aren't helping so far.

The board had been connected to the power source during the time it was idle... but I can't imagine the would have shorted out a circuit like that right?

I need your help please I need the printer now because I made some (non related) modifications to it for my graduation in 4 weeks and I really need it up and running sad smiley

Regards,
Mathijs
Re: Z-Endstop problem
September 14, 2012 09:20AM
Hello,

Are you sure you didn't turn the cable plug on your ramps board? Try to turn your plug on your ramps.

www.facebook.com/Charlies3DCrations

Charlie
September 14, 2012 09:22AM
Send me a pm it can be the cable thats causing the prob or not pluged in properly

Charlie
September 14, 2012 11:46AM
No it's not the cable. I checked all that with a multimeter.

I kind of worked around it... in the Marlin firmware I found some the code that designated the pins and I set the pin for the Z-max endstop to be the Z-min endstop and connected it, now it works again.

I guess something in the original z-min pin circuit broke... which suck because now I can never use z-max endstop (care?!)

Thanks for you reply, but problem solved for now!
June 01, 2013 07:27AM
Would you mind sharing where do you find the pin codes? I am having similar problem. Thank you!
June 03, 2013 09:01AM
Pin allocation is done in pins.h
June 03, 2013 12:52PM
what firmware you running? also how many endstops are you using?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login