Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newest i3 Design Update - Any Interest?

Posted by awratten 
Newest i3 Design Update - Any Interest?
January 17, 2013 05:14PM
Is Anyone interested in the new Single plate Design of the i3 - updated last week.

I can get a price for this one waterjet cut from 6mm Aluminium if anyone's interested?
Also I can get a price for the i3 mini too.

https://github.com/josefprusa/Prusa3/tree/master/single_plate

if anyones interested in getting an i3 without the heated bed and with a solid aluminium bed instead I'm thinking about making a design mod.
Re: Newest i3 Design Update - Any Interest?
January 17, 2013 05:53PM
I am interested. What would be the price?

Cheers,
Franklin Dattein
January 17, 2013 05:59PM
Hi Franklin,

The price should be something like $80 plus shipping (Australia Post). I'll get back with a firm price as soon as possible.

Thanks for your Interest.

Anthony
January 23, 2013 12:36AM
I may be interested too.
Re: Newest i3 Design Update - New Design
January 26, 2013 01:43AM
I've attached a copy of the dxf which will be used. Please note that the design has been reverted back to 8mm smooth rod and 8mm threaded bar, as this seems to be the standard now and the benefits of upsizing don't justify the added cost.

This design incorporates SC8UU Linear bearings and less printed parts needed - y-idler and y-motor brackets are supplied with the frame.

If anyone has any inquiries please post or PM.

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - Quote_3-Rev 3.dxf (218 KB)
March 31, 2013 12:48PM
ive recently cut out an i3 frame out of 1/4" aluminum on the cnc, similiar to twelvepro's style with the back braces but modified for m10 threaded rod on the y axis and 8mm smooth rod. i also upgraded some of the printed parts to 1/8" aluminum parts, the only printed parts are the x carriage, x motor bracket, x idler bearing bracket, the heated bed lm8uu holders, and the endstops. i am the US and can make more, would any one be interested? id be asking 200$ for the frame plus shipping and 50$ for the aluminum upgrades. i used the printed parts from alkarny on ebay.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login