Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems printing holes, overhang and bridge problem.

Posted by blt3dp 
Problems printing holes, overhang and bridge problem.
June 19, 2013 06:24PM
I'm gotten a Prusa v2 assembled and everything 's been working for a while. I shelfed it for a bit and decided to pull it back out. I want to print some Prusa i3 parts. I'm starting with the corner supports and I'm having problems printing it. The straight edges look to be good. But when it gets to the holes, after it gets about 90% of the way up, when it's supposed to be doing slight overhang it's like the edges don't adhere and that edge sags.

It also seems to be sagging when it does the perimeter bridge. The infill bridge sometimes makes it and sometimes doesn't. I can't tell if it's even extruding when it misses, it's going pretty fast on this part. Any ideas.

I'm using a Prusa v2, PrintrBoard with Repetier and Repetier Host Mac. J-Head 0.35 with 3mm ABS. Heated bed is at 110, and extruder is at 230.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2013 06:26PM by FA-MAS.
Attachments:
open | download - overhang.jpg (281.2 KB)
Re: Problems printing holes, overhang and bridge problem.
June 20, 2013 05:53PM
That thick line in the top looks like your stepper driver overheated during those last few layers.

One reason may be that your Z-axis has a bit more resistance at that part, so your motors might seem to work fine, but the drag is too high on that part. Another reason can be that the power is set too low on the stepper driver and it missed steps there? Anyway, it's worth looking into.

Do you have active cooling on your stepper drivers?
Re: Problems printing holes, overhang and bridge problem.
June 20, 2013 06:02PM
That's actually when my glass bed cracked and I was away to not catch it. It kept printing but it threw it all off.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login