Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print Stopping on Leapfrog Creatr

Posted by Jake3D 
Print Stopping on Leapfrog Creatr
May 28, 2013 04:01PM
On my Leapfrog Creatr using Repetier, my prints stop in the middle of G-code, sometimes multiple times depending on the part size. It seems to happen most often at high- acceleration points, but turning down the acceleration control to as low as 250 mm/s/s doesn't solve the stoppages.

I can resume the print by pressing the "fake" OK button in the debug window. I have tried different computers and shielded USB cables, but nothing seems to work.

I have my baud rate set at 115200, and was wondering if this might be a contributor. However, the printer was working beautifully for 2 months with this baud rate.

Does anyone have an idea as to what causes this, and possible solutions to the problem?

I just want to get my printer working properly, it's been doing this for over 3 weeks and I need it to be running properly to produce parts for my company.

Please help!
Re: Print Stopping on Leapfrog Creatr
May 28, 2013 04:50PM
I had the same problem with my Sanguino sometimes, but now that I have set Baudrate to 250000 in both firmware (Marlin v1) and Repetier Host, it works like never before.

Happened only two times eversince and it was solved by turning off the PSU, taking out the USB cable, replugging it, restarting Repetier and turning the machine back on.
May 29, 2013 01:29PM
Currently running the first part with 250000, so far no issues. Hopefully this solved the problem. Thanks!

Update: Printer just stopped. The issue continues. I wonder if I should try a lower Baud rate, like 76800?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2013 02:04PM by Jake3D.
June 04, 2013 06:19AM
Does repetier say anything in the log like protection messages? I get that sometimes, my hotend has been acting weird since two days with temperatures dropping randomly from 227 to 201 in a split second and then again it goes up to 233.. Nuts! Sometimes this weird behaviour causes it to give the 'prohibit dangerous extrude' or something. But till now it has always kept on going perfectly..

You can try lower baudrates, but if it's not the issue.. I don't know what will help... Good luck!
June 06, 2013 04:53PM
Turned out to be an arduino issue. Replaced it and all is well.
February 22, 2014 11:28AM
Hi,

I have the same problem, I'd like to ask you where exactly is the "fake OK button"

I will appreciate your response. Thanks in advance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login