Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Plastic wire broke !

Posted by Lmecano 
Plastic wire broke !
February 14, 2014 06:05AM
Hello,

I quite stuck with my Reprap during his calibration.

I have no problem to do the perimeters, but when I start to build the infil....

My plastic wire broke ! Not at the beginning of the infill, but 2-3 layers after.

My parameters :

Heater T° : 275°C
Infill speed : 37mm/min
Wire : white ABS

I think the temperature is too low or/and the infill speed is too high. However, I already decrease the infill speed about 10mm/min... I think there is another problem.

Do you have an idea ?

Thank you guys winking smiley
Re: Plastic wire broke !
February 14, 2014 08:36AM
275c is a bit hot from what most people run their ABS. Heck I run mine at 230c with no issues. Maybe your running too hot and its jamming the extruder?
Do you have pictures?
February 14, 2014 12:35PM
Floyd
275c is a bit hot from what most people run their ABS. Heck I run mine at 230c with no issues. Maybe your running too hot and its jamming the extruder?
Do you have pictures?

I guess 275°C is too high but I didn't assemble the 3d printer and nobody can tell me what thermistor have been used.... So I'm doing as I can ^^"

It could be a possibility, I don't know. I will try to decrease the heat temperature to 230°C.

I can't do a picture right now, but I did a scheme.

Picture

The pieces of wire broken stay stuck before the teflon entry of the nozzle.
February 14, 2014 05:40PM
Is the filament binding on the spool?

February 15, 2014 07:08AM
When you don't know about a machine, it's really dumb to start at a very high temperature.

My initial advice: start LOW, loosen the idler and push filament through by hand starting at 210ºc, then, add 5º until the filament goes through smooth.

After that, check if the filament is exactly lined up with the hobbed bolt, so that the hobbed bolt doesn't chew the filament on only one side, or more on one side, I hope you understand what I mean.

There is so much that can be wrong now that we have to start fixing all variables. We know the temperature is not correct so thats the first sign to fix, after we can work on the next thing.
March 08, 2014 09:06AM
I solve my problem !

I set the extruder temperature at 255°C for the 1st layer and 245°C for the others. And, I reduce the normal force on wire (with the 2 screws+springs). AND, I verified the alignment, to have my wire in the axis of extruder.

And.... My wire doesn't break anymore grinning smiley

Thank you guys !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login