Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot end and vents completely blocked

Posted by Mageri 
Hot end and vents completely blocked
May 03, 2014 10:36AM
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to clear a horrific blockage in my hotend/print head. I have the Mankati Full scale XT. Somehow PLA has gotten between the external walls of the ptfe tube and the internal walls of the hot end. I did take a picture to show just how much plastic is blocked in there but it wouldn't let me upload it. As soon as I'm able I'll be printing the fixture to mount two e3d Bowden hot ends as the stock ones are too much hassle.

If you have the time please Google the Mankati printer and have a look at the print head. The lower vents are clogged with pla on my machine. Any advice on how to clear this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jordan
Re: Hot end and vents completely blocked
May 06, 2014 10:22AM
They look like slightly altered J-head clone hot ends. You should be able to put them into an oven at ~220c and the PLA will melt away.
Make sure to not go much over that, otherwise you'll be risking melting the PEEK body of the hot end.

I've never actually used this method though, so you'd be best off waiting for someone else to chip in.
Re: Hot end and vents completely blocked
May 09, 2014 02:27AM
I have also an problem on printer whenever it gets hot it doesn't print the page and the page come out blank,have you any idea about this.

printing
printing shop
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login