Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print issues with Slic3r 1.0.0 release

Posted by tmorris9 
Print issues with Slic3r 1.0.0 release
April 24, 2014 05:06PM
So I started having some bad print issues pop up on certain models, my machine is 2.5 years old and I figured something was deteriorating with it. I checked my belts, hot end (even put on a new nozzle) tried different temperatures, different filament colors (I've had a bad black in the past so thought it might be the same issue) and so on. I could find nothing wrong.

I tried printing at different speeds, lowering the temp and many other things. Finally I thought about it and all the bad prints came from the new Slic3r 1.0.0 stable release version. I loaded up Kisslicer and the results are in the image below. The left print is Kisslicer and the right is the "stable" release of Slic3r 1.0.0 Now, all my prefs for both are as close as I can get them and I have used the same slic3r profile for 2.5 years with great results.

To answer any questions in advance.

Cooling on = Yes
Speed = 80mms or below
Layer height = .2mm
Nozzle = .35mm
Material = ABS (all from Lulzbot and Ultimachine. Good stuff)
Temperature = normally 235c but tried as low as 220c
Hot end = Budaschnozzle latest version
Heated bed = 95c (I get the best results at this temp and have no issues with lifting or warping parts).

Now of course I will have to go back and try an older version of slic3r to 100% confirm this but if the machine is at fault I can't believe I would get such good results with a different slic3r.
Attachments:
open | download - SliceIssue.jpg (59.7 KB)
Re: Print issues with Slic3r 1.0.0 release
May 15, 2014 02:19PM
It's definitely the slicer, try slicer 7.2b if you want a stable version but other that that most slic3r versions have weird bugs like this.

Through self sustaining actions comes freedom

DIY Tech Shop
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login