Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

need help: abs printing orange skin like surface

Posted by trustmiao 
need help: abs printing orange skin like surface
June 17, 2014 12:51PM
while im printing cylinder in abs, diameter 12mm. the surface isnt smooth, it become somethinglike orange skin. and it becomes fragile easy to break. i am printing at 210 degree, heat bed 100. initially no fan, but latter, i turned fan on from 2nd layer, which helps but still got the ugly skin. anyone has idea whats wrong?
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20140618_002653~01.jpg (266.2 KB)
Re: need help: abs printing orange skin like surface
June 17, 2014 01:30PM
Increase your extrusion temperature and you don't have to use a fan for ABS prints.
June 17, 2014 01:47PM
You don't use a fan for ABS, not just don't have to [direct fan anyways]. First thing I learned coming from a year of exclusive PLA printing.
I print at 270C for ABS, and from I can remember in my research, that looks similar to an example of temp too low. genelmx has it right, raise your temp. I usually print something like that and raise the temp by 5 as is prints until it goes away.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
June 17, 2014 03:07PM
Hard to tell with an out of focus photo but perhaps the layer height is too high for your nozzle diameter so the filament is not being stretched enough.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 18, 2014 12:32AM
thx guys i will test higher temp, and come back with result
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login