Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Strange X positional problem

Posted by spherelance 
Strange X positional problem
December 25, 2014 07:05AM
Hello, newbie here but doing my best to learn. Recently assembled a Prusa i3 from a kit and have it calibrated well, even the bed is practically level (less than the width of a piece of paper between highest & lowest point).

Moving the head around in Printrun gets the results you'd expect. But when I try the 0.5 wall calibration object I hit an odd problem. The object prints fine (after tweaking) and I can get consistent prints. But the initial move to the starting position doesn't get to the correct spot, Y is correct but the X is out by a fair margin.

The gcode (exported from slic3r in case it was a weird printrun/slic3r interface error) used is:

G28 ; which does set the print head to 0,0,0
G21
G90
M82
G1 Z0.200 F7800.000
G1 X84.581 Y84.581 F7800.000 ; this is the line where X doesn't move the right amount
G1 X85.515 Y83.784 E0.02182 F1080 ; from here it is fine

The movement is fine, the distances between the walls correct, it is as if before that first positional move the current X position (or what the printer thinks it is) has altered.

I've tried googling it but not found anything similar (or my Google skills have failed me).

Any ideas where to start looking or how to better diagnose?

Not the non positional stuff from the gcode has been removed above
Re: Strange X positional problem
December 26, 2014 05:22PM
Lower your non print speed in slicer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login