Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vertical Ridges/waves along sides

Posted by prjoe 
Vertical Ridges/waves along sides
April 16, 2015 02:42AM
Hello all,

Newbie here, yes another one. Hope anyone can help diagnose my Delta. Please have a look at the photo attached. The printed part shows some vertical ridges/waves. I've read so much and done so many things to get rid of those lines.
This was printed at 198 Degrees, 0.2 height, PLA material. The printer has been calibrated may times.
Can anyone give some suggestions on this?

Thanks.
Attachments:
open | download - 20150416_013122.jpg (470.8 KB)
Re: Vertical Ridges/waves along sides
April 16, 2015 01:06PM
I opened the photo from my phone and can't expand enough to see details, but it looks like your infill is crossing your perimeter and that's the reason for the ridges. I don't have any delta printers and I don't know if any other factors can cause that. But check your infill to perimeter overlap and reduce it some.
April 16, 2015 02:15PM
ggherbaz
I opened the photo from my phone and can't expand enough to see details, but it looks like your infill is crossing your perimeter and that's the reason for the ridges. I don't have any delta printers and I don't know if any other factors can cause that. But check your infill to perimeter overlap and reduce it some.

I appreciate your reply.
I'm using Slic3r, I can't find that parameter "Infill to Perimerter Overlap". Are you refering to another slicer software? Or might it have a similar parameter called differently that achieves the same result?
Thanks for your time and suggestion.

Regards.
April 16, 2015 04:36PM
That option was only introduced with version 1.2.6 (experimental) of Slic3r. If you're using a stable release, I think it won't be available.

How many perimeters are you printing? Perhaps increasing the number of perimeters would help?
April 16, 2015 06:22PM
Yes, I use Simplify3d, but like Chavaquiah mentioned other slicers have that feature.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login