Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nozzle crossing top layer

Posted by Quesabyte 
Nozzle crossing top layer
October 12, 2015 06:56PM
So it's taken me awhile to get my printer working for the most part. The only thing that is really bugging me is the nozzle scrapping over the top layer. any ideas on how to eliminate this?

Re: Nozzle crossing top layer
October 12, 2015 07:04PM
Looks like you are over-extruding to me.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 12, 2015 07:26PM
Definately too much plastic but not the nozzle scraping.
Check your gap fill and bridging settings too, sometimes they are active although not needed and can result in this mess too.
In some cases it is a temp problem, if the extrusion temp is far too high the filament comes out as goo rather than as string of filament.
At these temps the plastic can not be put down properly as it is squashed all over the place.
October 13, 2015 05:01PM
Are you using slicer 1.2.8 or higher? Try 1.1.7, the newer versions have a bug with gap infill overextruding. Also check z offset, if the first layer is overextruded, it will build up from that layer and gets worse onward.
October 14, 2015 08:55AM
Think I'm using 1.2.9, the previous answers seemed to help a lot. Ill try a older version!smiling smiley
October 14, 2015 08:57AM
Lowering the hotend temp, upping the heat bed temp and over extruding seems to improve the issues. thanks for the advisesmiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login