Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extrusion Issues

Posted by McDaniel88 
Extrusion Issues
October 15, 2015 11:40AM
Ok I Have been trying to get my printer to properly extrude for a few weeks now during prints it will extrude perfectly fine for a few seconds the it will be spotty for a few seconds back to extruding perfectly. First thought was to up the temp to the max rating which is 210c this did nothing. second thought was obstruction of the flow so I tear it apart soak the nozzle in acetone clean it out with .16 guitar string cleaned the feeder hole all the way through the heat block re-assembled it and went for attempt 7000000 to no avail. On manual extrusion it is the same result. say I command for it to extrude 50. It will either start perfectly then stop abruptly or go for a few seconds with no extrusion at all the BAM full on extrusion only to stop again. Ive ordered a ED3 v6 but I need to print the components to mount the new hot end. can anyone help with this or give me other areas to troubleshoot?
Re: Extrusion Issues
October 15, 2015 02:43PM
A) The filament is not transported - your stepper in this case either "jumps" or you chew a C into the filament.
cool smiley The filament is blocked on the way - filament diameter is changing slightly over the lenght and/or the filament get's stuck in the cold end.
October 15, 2015 03:49PM
This set up that i have worked perfectly i was able to print at .01 layer height and being that this ia a qubd one up thats pretty impressive. The feed tube is clear im not cutting into the filament. The only thing that may be an issue is the cold end getting too hot and causing the filament to melt before it gets into the hot end. Im not sure how to correct this. Ive had the fan in the same place from the beginning and like i said it ran without a hitch so i dont understand whats going on.
October 15, 2015 11:19PM
Try lowering your print temperature to as cold as it can print without delaminating, so that heat creep happens more slowly.
October 16, 2015 07:23AM
Check the temperature of the motor driver module. If it overheats it will shut down, then start up again when it cools off, etc.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
October 16, 2015 05:38PM
Lowered the temp from 210c to 180c with no luck. The motor runs fine the driver does not over heat . It has a heatsink and a constant fan cooling it. I even upped the feedrate in the marlin firmware! Nothing is working. Im pretty sure the cold end is getting too hot but i have a dedicated fan for that as well. Im at a loss, i have nowhere else to look and i cant hook up the ed3 until i print the parts
October 17, 2015 04:39AM
Heat the thing to normal temps and check if you can push the filament through by hand.
If not you have a problem.
In case it does go through (and even when it doesn`t) turn all of, let cool down and take the hotend apart.
You might need to give it some heat again for the nozzle to be removed.
Once the nozzle is gone try to push the remaining filament out through nozzle thread - again you might need some heat if it really stuck, a hiardryer should be enough.
Now check the filament.
If it is thicker down the cold end it will block it.
I some cases it is the the holes in the cold and hotend that are a bit too small.
For example on mine all was drilled out to 3.0mm - too bad if you get filament that is slightly more...
October 17, 2015 10:26PM
I think its a problem with the feeder i cleaned everything out jerry rigged the bowden extruder on and it just wasnt pushing the filament consistently i think thats why it was spotty but it never had and scratches on the filament like the gear was cutting into it. I guess tge setup i have just got loose somewhere or out of line enough to where its no longer operational. Ill keep you updated once i get it redone with the new bowden set up.thanks for all the help guys!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login