Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ripple print

Posted by Swengson 
ripple print
October 27, 2015 03:27AM
Hello All,

I created my first print. And the printer works very well. but I have a problem with the quality of the print...
The print has a ripple look..
See the picture.
The extruder is not calibrated. Maybe that is the reason. that the printer gives to much filament?

Thank you.
Attachments:
open | download - Ribbel print.jpg (17.1 KB)
Re: ripple print
October 27, 2015 07:09AM
We need som additional info. However, that said, when I had a similar issue it turned out to be my Z-rods, which rods are you using ?
October 27, 2015 07:28AM
Here more information:

I use rods round 10 for the Z. The spindle is a trapezoidal spindle 10x2
I print PLA 195 degrees
My bed is 55 degrees.
I'm using a bowden extruder, but i dont calibrate him.
I use T2.5 pullys.

Thank you!
October 27, 2015 02:34PM
Hmm... I was about to say that maybe it was because of the rods being wobbly. Are you 100% certain that your trapezoidal rods are almost perfectly straight ? with standard M8 threaded rods, these are usually bent really bad for 3D printing purposes, which is why i changed my rods for M5, a smaller pitch = smaller effect of Z-wobble, I have now an anti wobble nut-setup connected to the rods (found them on thingiverse), so I have almost eliminated my wobbling.

Your temperatures seems to be fine. Even if the extruder wasn't calibrated correctly, you should see this kind of wobble.
October 29, 2015 04:39AM
That's really good for a first print!

Do you mean the waves after each corner? This is caused by backlash/looseness/springiness in the x and y mechanics. Tighten the belts and nuts. If your acceleration is set too high this effect can be soon as well. Try halving the accelation value.
October 29, 2015 05:52AM
Oke I will try it Thank you! yes I mean the waves after each corner. And The print is not very tight.
The sizes also not very good. I have other pictures with the problems.
the top of the prints are not closed.. and i dont know how i can make that.
I think the bearings of the extruder head have to much backlash.
And one of the pullys is not concentrically
Attachments:
open | download - print 1.0.jpg (17.4 KB)
open | download - print 2.0.jpg (18.7 KB)
open | download - print 3.0.jpg (18.2 KB)
October 30, 2015 08:42AM
Posting higher resolution images would help. As for the holes in the top layer, it seems to be underextruding. Did you follow triffid hunters calibration guide?
http://reprap.org/wiki/Triffid_Hunter's_Calibration_Guide
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login