#define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 170
#define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 30
#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS 5
#else // not AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

And the probe offset settings are,
#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -30
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1.0

I am trying to increase the number of AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS, but when I changed the number from 4 to 6 and uploaded it, it showed me an error message:
"/Configuration.h:457:8: error: #error "The X axis probing range is not enough to fit all the points defined in AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS".

I see there is a code to calculate the limit.
#if X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER < 0 #if (-(X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER * AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS) >= (RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION - LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION))
#error "The X axis probing range is not enough to fit all the points defined in AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS"
#endif

But I would like to know if there is way to increase the number of AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID in the fixed print bed range to increase the "resolution" of auto-bed-leveling.
Please advise me if you have any suggestion and comment. Thank you very much!
Re: "Density" issue of auto bed leveling
March 16, 2016 01:12PM
Update my status:

I changed the number of X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER from -30 to 0 (the actual x offset in my mechanism design is -30, I cheat the program...) , and increase the number of AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS to 8. And now the compiler&Marlin upload is done, my 3d printer can get the higher "density" of auto_bed_leveling.
But, now there is issue about Z SAFE homing....
Could anyone advise your suggestion, comment and share your experience? Thank you!
Re: "Density" issue of auto bed leveling
March 16, 2016 01:44PM
Ok, i am taking someone's suggestion to delete the sanity check. And now it's work, I can get higher "density" of auto bed leveling.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login