Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Perimeters fine, top infill fine, inside infill... ...dotty?

Posted by Darmach 
Perimeters fine, top infill fine, inside infill... ...dotty?
April 01, 2016 06:43AM
Hello,,
I finally managed to get E steps and other stuff right (I thought), perimeters are printed nicely, top infill is okay, bottom layers also fine. All dimensions of the print turn out ok...

..but it seem infill somehow got screwed up.

YouTube video link

Pictures attached, can anyone advise why it's so "dotty". It looks like its been spitting it out and then stopping extruding, till it meets next 'junction point' then another spit...

EDITED:
I recently switched to 0.5 nozzle, might the reason be that Im trying to print 0.2 layers with 0.5 nozzle - and while 'part' of infill is actually a bridge between two junction points, can this cause the thicker extrude to 'drag' ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2016 06:50AM by Darmach.
Attachments:
open | download - 20160401_121922.jpg (572.9 KB)
Re: Perimeters fine, top infill fine, inside infill... ...dotty?
April 01, 2016 07:35AM
You only had two infill layers, consider that the extruded filament is only squashed where it crosses - all other area are basically printed with a missing layer.
That is why the infill looks so different.
April 03, 2016 11:46AM
Downunder35m
You only had two infill layers, consider that the extruded filament is only squashed where it crosses - all other area are basically printed with a missing layer.
That is why the infill looks so different.

Hi,

Thanks for replying, but that's not the case. I've been printing witn 0.3 nozzle for quite a while, and I do know how proper infill looks. I am aware that basically except for junsction points each line is printed in thin air, only supported at junctions.
But with 0.3 nozzle they were flatten at junctions, and got a little bit wider where they were 'hanging'. Understandable.

Now they look like extrudate 'catch' properly previous layer at junction point with previous layer infill line, then got extruded, and after let's say 2/3 of the way to next junction point, it get more and more thin - down to approx. 0.05 or less (almost invisible)

I will upload macro pictures If I manage to make them
April 04, 2016 06:46AM
I did not mange to make a shots worth looking at - but managed to mitigate the issue. I have set infill width to 0.75 (Thiiick) and infill not only looks straighter (thinner only on junction points) but gained also a lot strenght.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login