Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A fix for extrusion problem for me & maybe you.

Posted by Ironbearmarine 
A fix for extrusion problem for me & maybe you.
July 30, 2018 10:12PM
Well, i have been having a problem with my Anet A8 printer. My machine, after a month of printing nearly 24 hours a day started giving me problems. The extruder would stop extruding during a print and though it ran fine for the first hour or so, then print air. The space where the hob gear fed the filiment would fill up and i would have a little bird's nest of unmelted filiment. I suspected a clogged nozzle and follwed a procedure to unclog it and ensure that that problem would not repeat, by building an enclosure for the printer to protect the printer from airborne particles, as my shop is not dust free. Still had the problem. So rather then deal with any other extruder based problem/solution, I installed a whole new extruder. A small part printed well, and i thought i had solved the problem. Started another project that was larger and found the problem had not been solved. Again with the clicking and a bird's nest of filiment. The solder joints and connections all checked good. I did notice that a fan was running intermittently and that the LED lightsrip i added flickered in time to the drive motors' functions. I realized i was seeing power fluctuations. i deduced that i was over drawing the power supply. So i dropped the LEDs from the power and the mosfets that were recommended for safety. The intermittent operating fan was now running smoothly and i ran a part that took a couple of hours to print and had great success.
I am now replacing that 40 watt power supply with an 80 watt so i can add my safety features and lights and other improvements without fear of not enough power. Its my fix and maybe it could be yours too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login