Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

stuttering print head while printing ccurves

Posted by charlieRC 
stuttering print head while printing ccurves
July 23, 2019 12:20PM
I have a Cartesian printer using a mini rambo and an e3d hotend and marlin firmware with PLA.
i just rebuilt the Z axis and at the same time, went to a e3d hotend and it seems to be working fine, but I have a intermittent problem now. I am printing a kidney shaped container as a test print. For the most part, it prints ok, but as its doing the concentric moves for the bottom layer;, every t0 laps or so, it will start to stutter. It sops for a half second, starts again, goes some distance and does it again. Some times it will repeat this for most of the lap and the pause and time between stutters is pretty random. I cant figure out what causes this. I looked at the rx and tx on the mini rambo and they go out when the stutter is happening, but are on the rest of the time.

Does anyone have an idea of what I should look at? I would guess this only happens on 1 or 2 concentric laps on a given layer. In the second and subsequent layers which use rectilinear pattern, it never does it..

If I haven’t screwed it up yet, I’m not thinking hard enough!

CoreXY, Titan Aero, Duet WiFi, custom design and build
Cartesian, E3D v6 hotend, Bondtech QR extruder, custom design and build
Re: stuttering print head while printing ccurves
July 23, 2019 12:25PM
Are you streaming gcode to the machine via USB?
Curves require a lot of gcode and the buffer in the controller gets full and it causes start-stop. Try printing from SD card.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Re: stuttering print head while printing ccurves
July 23, 2019 08:18PM
yes I am streaming over USB. I never had a need for a SD slot on so I never built one in. You may be right though about the USB being the issue. I may take a look at what it would take to have a SD reader on the Mini Rambo. Not sure that is even possible.

If I haven’t screwed it up yet, I’m not thinking hard enough!

CoreXY, Titan Aero, Duet WiFi, custom design and build
Cartesian, E3D v6 hotend, Bondtech QR extruder, custom design and build
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login