Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis moving only half, in pronterface manual control it is correct

Posted by frenz 
Z axis moving only half, in pronterface manual control it is correct
May 17, 2013 05:42PM
Hello everyone,

İ made a repstrap. for the x and y axis it is ok. but for the z axis it is moving only half during printing.

for example:

when manual controling in pronterface, when i told z axis to move 1 mm, it goes 1 mm. I use digital calipper to measure. But when printing (20mm calibration box example, 20*20*10mm) the height should be 10 mm but it is perfect 5 mm. My nozzle is 0.4 mm and layer height is 0.4 mm also,

Please note that i have checked loosing steps or etc. but it is not related to that, i use slic3r.

So what is the problem?? any help wil be highly appriciated.
Re: Z axis moving only half, in pronterface manual control it is correct
May 17, 2013 05:44PM
addition:
i am using teacup and i correctyl enter the step_per_m
thank you in adnvance
May 17, 2013 09:40PM
Have you confirmed you can move the Z at the speed requested by the slicer? I think Slic3r uses the travel speed. The actual max speed should be set as a limit in the firmware. You can check if the firmware max is correct by setting the speed in Pronterface to something really high like 12000mm/m and see if it limits it to a speed the Z can travel at.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 18, 2013 06:24AM
Yes, I have limit the feed rate from the firmware for the z axis to the point to 150 mm/min. When i manualy enter too high value it is turning only 150 mm/min which i can see it is limited from the firmware.

Thank you for your answer, i am really confused for the moment.
May 18, 2013 11:18PM
sounds like one of your steps calculations has been mis-represented by 50%.

What parameters did you use?
May 20, 2013 11:04AM
i solve the problem,it because of the the motor leadscrew connection(motor turn but screw sometimes missed) . only 5mm instead of 10 mm is really confused me to think z sxis if moving half.

thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login