Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Corner Printing Question

Posted by new to3Dbob 
Corner Printing Question
May 22, 2013 08:52AM
Hello, I am having a problem getting clean corners since I installed my new hot end after my old one jammed. The corners are not comming out smooth. I'm at a loss as to why. I have been playing around with the settings in sli3er/Pronterface but with little sucess. The pieces in the picture were printe at a temperature of 182C with a layer height of .25mm. If anyone has had this issue and knows what was done to correct it I would love to get some ideas since my own experiments don't seem to be making things any better.

Also worth mentioning I also get a lot of stringing when the print head is moving between places to print. For example if printing two of the same object there is a descent amount of tiny stringers that span between both objects. I am using 1.75 filimant and 1mm of retaction. Thanks a lot,

Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2013 09:06AM by new to3Dbob.
Attachments:
open | download - cornerprob1.jpg (75.5 KB)
open | download - cornerprob2.jpg (70.2 KB)
Re: Corner Printing Question
May 22, 2013 01:35PM
Turn down your retract speed. It could be causing you to skip steps during retract. If lowering retract speed doesn't help, try tuning the E stepper driver current.
May 22, 2013 01:50PM
I will try turning down the retrack speed tonight. I don't beleive I'm able to adjust the driver current, I'm using a printrboard. Thanks,

Bob
May 23, 2013 03:20AM
Just wondered, does your new hot end have the same size nozzle as the one you replaced?
May 23, 2013 07:54AM
It is supposed to but I'm starting to get the feeling that it really isn't exactly the size it is said to be. I wish I has a way of measuing it. It's supposed to be .4mm . I'm going to try with digital calipers and see if I can measure it but I doubt it will be truely accurate.
May 23, 2013 10:36PM
No, you cant really measure it, only by observation. Try printing the 0.5 mm thin wall calibration cube following the process below...

[solidoodletips.wordpress.com]
May 23, 2013 10:38PM
I will try it. Thanks.
May 25, 2013 06:08AM
Printrboard current control is the little trim pots next to each stepper driver
May 25, 2013 08:56AM
Thanks. Somehow missed that in the wiki. I thought it was on the ramps only. I will look into it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login