Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder problems...I think

Posted by UNI Physics Dept. 
Extruder problems...I think
May 29, 2013 01:14PM
I have recently completed a Prusa Mendel printer and am in the troubleshooting process. I recently added a piece of glass, as typical, above the heater bed, and now I am having issues with my extruder printing not in a solid line, but more in drops. I do not know if the two are related, but I was curious if anyone had any possible solutions to make the extruder print in a sold line once again.

It does print well if you apply pressure to the plastic feeding into the tip, so I thought it might be an issue with the motor/bearing combo not providing pressure or moving enough? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Re: Extruder problems...I think
May 29, 2013 03:08PM
Use the search, it's been here alot before, it's probably the teeth of your hobbed bolt that are cluttered with filament shavings.

Be sure to keep the two idler screws with springs tightened so the teeth of the bolt don't slip and dig in. Also print at a high enough temperature, if you print on a too low temperature your hobbed bolt will push the filament in, but it won't liquify and therefor the hobbed bolt will just eat the filament.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login