Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hobbed Bolt Slippage

Posted by Mickman 
Hobbed Bolt Slippage
August 25, 2013 10:54AM
HI.. my printer is not extruding enough filament .. most of the the time the hobbed bolt is simply not feeding the filament..

I can physically push the filament through the extruder and watch it spiral out the nozzle as it melts... no problem, I can also feed manually within Repetier & i see the filament spiral out.. BUT when I start a job the feed will start and maybe put down one thin layer & then for some reason the hobbed bolt is not able to feed the filament .. The filament seems to slip be slipping on the bolt. I tried to tighten the tensioning bolts to apply more pressure against the bolt & filament but this does nothing...

I thought maybe my temperature is too low & the bolt is trying to force filament that's not melting enough so I took the temp upto 210 but still nothing...

Any ideas ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2013 10:56AM by Mickman.
Re: Hobbed Bolt Slippage
August 26, 2013 01:48PM
I guessing that you print PLA?

It sounds like the filament jams in the hotend. I had the same issue when I tried printing PLA, I could extrude all day long, both fast and slow, but asa I started printing, things jammed up in the hotend.

Depending on which hotend you have, it should be possible to fix by cooling the feed tube of the hotend with a fan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login