Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hotend reprapworld.com

Posted by elschlicko 
Hotend reprapworld.com
December 28, 2013 01:45PM
Hi,

does anybody has experience with this J-Head from reprapworld.com: J-HEAD
I'm thinking of getting it there because I need some other stuff as well.

Cheers,
Gerald
Re: Hotend reprapworld.com
January 07, 2014 03:17PM
Hey! I have one, got it working immediately and been printing with it for little more than a week now. The machine isn't completely finished yet, but it's already printing it's own parts and this is partially because of the good J-head!

I am very happy with it and haven't run into any trouble yet. Am planning to upgrade to a 1.75mm version so my Bowden system works a bit better. Can definately recommend you the J-head, also, put a heater cartridge in and pay attention to the fact that you need the short version, there is also a long version heater cartridge that fits better into the Budah style hotend.

I am printing with PLA with the J-head, you need a fan to cool the insulator, but it works great smiling smiley
January 08, 2014 10:31AM
Hi

Can I just ask how you have your fan set up. I have this one [reprapworld.com]
and the thermal barrier gets very hot and I think this is causing my filament to expand and stop extruding.
I now have a fan on it but still its getting very hot?

Sorry to butt in but it is relevant lol

Mike
January 08, 2014 11:53AM
Hi myk68, I made this:
[www.thingiverse.com]

However, I am running a newer version which I haven't uploaded yet, will do today, as I promised this a lot of times already winking smiley
January 08, 2014 05:17PM
Nice.

I've just managed to print this [www.thingiverse.com]

so far its better. fingers crossed

What is the difference then j head and thermal barrier your using and the one I have?? anything significant
January 08, 2014 06:33PM
The J-head is a completely different design and it has ridges in the thermal barrier.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login