Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Infill on a small extruder gear is incorrect (slices empty)

Posted by Ohmarinus 
Infill on a small extruder gear is incorrect (slices empty)
January 07, 2014 08:33AM
Hi, weird problem, when I slice my small gear (fishbone) in this thingy: [www.thingiverse.com] it slices like this:

Obviously this is not supposed to happen. My other parts all print fine and the small gear indeed also prints empty on the top part. Lower part slices fine. The perimeters of the teeth are nicely printed but the infill is lacking!

I'm using Slic3r latest version through Repetier and then generate Gcode and print through my LCD G3D shield.

Anyone has an idea why this part is not getting a correct infill?
I have looked on the thingiverse thing and at others' prints and they all seem to print fine!

- Marinus

(on my other 3D-printer settings it seems to slice fine with infill, but I want to print it with my new printer!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2014 01:59PM by Ohmarinus.
Re: Infill on a small extruder gear is incorrect (slices empty)
January 07, 2014 02:54PM
With the same settings, Slic3r 0.9.9 slices the infill differently than Slic3r 0.9.10b!!! (Within Repetier slic3r says it's 0.9.9 even though I have updated slic3r to the latest version!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2014 03:00PM by Ohmarinus.
January 07, 2014 03:02PM
Solved!!

I have set the executable within Repetier to the new Slic3r, rebooted Repetier and now it's showing the correct Slic3r version and it's slicing the infill correctly!! Yes <3

Never noticed this because it is a new printer I'm working with, but the stock Slic3r in Repetier is messing up EVERYTHING. And I thought I had wrong settings on my printer... Damn. Let's see what this baby does now! smiling smiley
January 07, 2014 04:01PM
And the results:

Same slic3r settings 100% exact, only the newer version of Slic3r was used instead of the one that was provided with the Repetier Host 0.56 Mac package.

Also another example of a big gear, you see the left one has concentric fill, while I had said it should do rectilinear! Also the newer sliced version to the right has much better detail and the linework is much better:

I strongly advise not to use Repetiers internal slic3r, but instead to upgrade Slic3r and install the latest version and then in Repetier choosing the path for the slic3r to the newer one!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2014 04:47PM by Ohmarinus.
January 07, 2014 07:40PM
Slic3r keeps on messing up my items. How is this possible!? They should be solids.

I'm ready to try something else, Cura maybe..?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login