Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

test cube

Posted by gilsah 
test cube
March 01, 2014 08:14PM
Ok so I just ran a 5mm wall test cube and it is 6mm thick? what do I do now?
Re: test cube
March 01, 2014 11:20PM
I'm guessing you mean 0.5mm and 0.6mm? Have you calibrated your extruder steps/mm?

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
March 03, 2014 02:22PM
I did the calibration on the filament. So when I extrude 20 mm that's the amount of filament it uses.
March 05, 2014 12:00PM
help , please
I did a filament calibration without the hot end in place
100mm is fed into the extruder so that part I feel is right

However started to do my very first print (the test cube) and the first 4 - 5 layers were a complete mess

Plus I am under the impression, the head moves to home and the filament is supposed to come out and leave a thin line from home to the object
I get nothing, layers 1 and 2 printed nothing 3 - 5 were globs and a huge mess

Is this right is something wrong ??

Thanks in advance
March 05, 2014 12:11PM
TheBearF8
Plus I am under the impression, the head moves to home and the filament is supposed to come out and leave a thin line from home to the object
I get nothing, layers 1 and 2 printed nothing 3 - 5 were globs and a huge mess

Please don't hijack other people's threads. However, what you need is the skirt function. This will print some lines around the object before printing the first layer of the object to ensure the hot end is primed.

gilsah
I did the calibration on the filament. So when I extrude 20 mm that's the amount of filament it uses.

If you are using Slic3r and don't specify an extrusion width but simply enter the nozzle size, it won't produce line widths that are equal to your nozzle size. In fact, you usually want a line width slightly wider than your nozzle size. This isn't a problem unless you really need the line width to be exact, in which case you need to specify the line width directly: [manual.slic3r.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2014 12:14PM by NewPerfection.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
March 05, 2014 12:16PM
Sorry
Will move to a new topic
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login