Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help with feeding issue

Posted by myk68 
help with feeding issue
March 08, 2014 06:08PM
hi all, help

I thought I had sorted this issue. i have used a full roll of blue PLA 3mm and had no issues. BUT with the previous green and the red I just got from 3dfilaprint.com.

Its almost as if the feeder isnt pulling the filament through but it is. when the current issue happens the gears click, now i dont mean the jump, its like the stepper tries to turn but then click and misses. the filament is not slipping but gets to a point where the hobbed bolt has scrapped away an arc in the filament which i then have to push though to get any grip again.

like i say the only thing changed is the filament from 2 different places, the green and the blue are both from reprapworld.

any ideas???

Mike
Re: help with feeding issue
March 11, 2014 08:52AM
no ideas ??

I think I may have found it anyway.

The big gear on the hobbed bolt is tightening down past the thread and thus pulling the teeth on the bolt to far out to hold the filament. This is also pulling the tightening nut on the other side of the bolt in and tightening the whole thing to much.

any one got any ideas how to stop this as the gear used to lock at the end of the thread.

mike
Re: help with feeding issue
March 11, 2014 08:33PM
Don't you use a locknut on the gear side ?

Click here to login