Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

strange thing with printing

Posted by euge9522 
strange thing with printing
May 20, 2014 11:28AM
why does this happen? i've tried to do some changes, temperature tried 190 and 215. also tried to increase flux.
the hot end is the e3d all metal v5

any suggestions?
Attachments:
open | download - 2014-05-20 17.15.44_1.jpg (156.8 KB)
Re: strange thing with printing
May 20, 2014 11:30AM
Printing material and retraction?
Have you calibrated your e steps?

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
May 20, 2014 11:33AM
oh yes, forgot, it's PLA
yeah, i've calibrated them already
May 20, 2014 12:04PM
E3D doesn't handle PLA retraction all that well, I had my old hotend at 3.2mm retraction, 100mm/s. But with E3D I've put it down to 0.8mm, 50mm/s.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
May 20, 2014 12:05PM
but it isn't during retraction the problem(actually no problem at all now in the upper part that is going from one piece to the other continuosly)
it's when it is doing the solid layers
May 20, 2014 12:38PM
Just thought about it. I print my PLA at 240C,

May 20, 2014 12:39PM
ehmmm, i will try raising my temperature...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login