Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Poor quality on small objects

Posted by Capinho 
Poor quality on small objects
June 04, 2014 05:02AM
Hello everyone. I am using a Velleman K8200 printer (It is actually RepRap 3Drag). I get pretty good quality when printing big solid objects, but when it comes to small objects and a lot of details, the quality is poor. Any ideas, what settings to change or could that be hardware issue? Thanks for every piece of advice. I am adding some photos (This was supposed to be the Ultimaker robot):

[s16.postimg.org]
[s29.postimg.org]
[s29.postimg.org]

Edit: I am using PLA, 190 degrees hotend, 55 degrees heatbed. Extruder nozzle 0.5 mm, filament 3mm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2014 05:07AM by Capinho.
Re: Poor quality on small objects
June 04, 2014 09:54AM
I have printed the treeforg, here are the results. It seems, like too much of plastic is being extruded? Anyone?
[onedrive.live.com]
June 05, 2014 07:47AM
You may want to play with your extrusion multipler for those small objects. It looks like just a bit too much plastic. also your retraction seems to be a little off.
I'm not sure how detailed you can get with a .5mm nozzle.
June 05, 2014 04:25PM
Thank You very much for your reply. I am planning to upgrade to E3D hotend, what nozzle and filament size you suggest/prefer? Also, what do you mean by saying "reatraction is a little bit off"? Do you mean i should increase reatraction distance and speed or decrease it? Thanks once again
June 24, 2014 01:32AM
Play with the heat of the hotend the bed temp doesn't matter much with PLA.
I've found that changing the size of the nozzle or layer in the software can help.
The retraction is when the layer is changed and the filament is reversed then pushed back in causing the start of the layer to have an extra drop or not enough.
Also looks like the motor is skipping a step or a belt is slipping but it is hard to tell.

By now maybe you found the issue. What did you find?
Attachments:
open | download - robot.JPG (102.5 KB)
July 02, 2014 01:45AM
We just discused printing small objects in topic Printing small objects with a bowden extruder and got amazing results.

All about delta 3d printers in one place [www.deltarap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login