Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstop issues (+ video)

Posted by LesSV 
Endstop issues (+ video)
September 12, 2014 11:19AM
hello everyone,

so I finished building my mendelmax 1.5+ and I'm having some issues with my printer. The z-axis won't move anymore after it hit the endstop. Also there is a problem with the dimensions of the x-axis. It won't drive till the end of the heated bed though I have adjusted the working area to 20cm. here is a video for better understanding. I am using Repetier as printing software btw!
I do the homing till 0:25. Then from 0:25 to 0:50 I let every axis drive 3 cm in 1 cm steps. (note the z-axis - it doesn't move!) At 1:05 I loosen up the z-axis endstop to deactivate it. At 1:22 I let it drive 1 cm again and this time it works!
Starting from 1:35 I showed you the second issue. I let it drive 5cm per step so it should drive 4 equal steps and stop at the left edge of the heated bed but somehow the last step is significantly shorter then the first three.

Could anyone help me with this? I also attached my config.h!

greetings
Phil
Attachments:
open | download - Repetier.zip (206.4 KB)
Re: Endstop issues (+ video)
September 15, 2014 10:07PM
does nobody have an idea?
Re: Endstop issues (+ video)
September 16, 2014 04:00AM
None of your axes are smooth, particularly X and Y - I suspect you need to adjust the motor current on the pololu chips. Your homing speeds could be reduced a bit too.
Also, do you have Ramps? If so, do you have 3 jumpers installed under all 4 pololu driver chip boards?

Your Y axis drive belt seems a bit sloppy too.

The Z axis, when homing, should hit the end-stop, then cycle up a few mm, then settle back to re-actuate the endstop switch (like the other axes). Yours does not so I would suspect that maybe the switch contacts are dodgy (if its mechanical) - I would check it several times with a meter.by moving the Z axis up out of the way then actuate manually on and off with your finger.

I would have thought that your Y endstop should be located at the other end (idler end)

Now to look at the firmware...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 05:59PM by waitaki.

Click here to login