Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Solved] USB Printing randomly hanging

Posted by DaSt 
[Solved] USB Printing randomly hanging
April 14, 2020 02:19PM
Hi,

I'm printing using an anet A8 modified with ramps1.4 (Marlin 1.1.8), aluminium frame and a a few other upgrades.

A few days ago I had to move the printer from a desk no another and as I was gently dropping the printer on the new desk I may have let go the left side (on which the motherboard is resting) from 10cm. Shame on me, I know, but hey it does happen.

I've tried printing from S3D (using Arduino USB port) and from my TFT28 MKS screen (using internal USB port).

Since then, prints can randomly hang. It looks like its paused but i cannot send any command to the printer without first rebooting it. Temperature is also not updated anymore. Looks like communication is plainly stopped.

I havent tried printing from the default SD card yet but I will, in the mean time what would you suggest to begin with ?

Thanks a lots!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2020 05:43PM by DaSt.
Re: USB Printing randomly hanging
April 14, 2020 03:33PM
Another print failed the same way. Deconnecting and reconnecting the TFT28 won't allow me to send any command to the printer.

I replugged the serial screen and when launching a print I have a thermal error quite quickly. I think I just had a thermistor bad contact on motherboard side.

Let's see if the print goes smoothly this time x)
Re: USB Printing randomly hanging
April 15, 2020 05:43PM
Hi,

It appears the issue was indeed solved by checking all thermistor connections. Looks like one of em was loose.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login