December 25, 2012 02:27AM
How to remove this spikes:

This is what I started with:

Re: spikes in the g-code
December 25, 2012 02:52AM
December 25, 2012 10:12AM
Thank you,
I will be happy if you could let me know the reson.
Is it a bug? something I done wrong?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2012 04:16PM by davidfi.
December 25, 2012 06:54PM
davidfi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you,
> I will be happy if you could let me know the
> reson.
> Is it a bug? something I done wrong?

Its a bug that was reported with in a few days of 0.9.7's release and fixed in the Git version right away but they have not made a release with the fix yet. When they make the next release it will be fixed but if history tells us anything they will have added something new with a worse bug and not fix and release that until they have added again another bug. That is why I only recommend Slicer 0.7.2b as it is almost stable and highly usable. But in the end I have given up on Slicer until I hear a lot of good reviews saying they have finally made a good stable usable release again and then I will try it again. Recently I have moved to Kisslicer and Cura. Kisslicer makes the best Gcode and nicest parts I have seen yet but is closed source and I little strange as it is made for BFB machines. Cura is based off of Skeinforge and has been improved and simplified by Daid to make a really nice program that produces clean Gcode.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
December 26, 2012 01:38AM
Thank you,
So, What is the currently used (by you) procedure?
Slice with Kisslicer, then load the G-code to Cura?

Another question:
Can I install Slicer 0.7.2b in to Repetier-Host? - how?
December 26, 2012 03:13AM
davidfi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you,
> So, What is the currently used (by you)
> procedure?
> Slice with Kisslicer, then load the G-code to
> Cura?

I use Kisslicer for most models and use an SD card to print. If you do not have SD you can use Repitier or Pronterface to send the gcode to the printer. I use Cura for files Kisslicer has issues with as Cura can slice almost anything and Kisslicer can produce strange extrusions outside the perimeters on models with issues. Even with the strange extrusions the part will be printable from Kisslicer just not flawless which I want.

>
> Another question:
> Can I install Slicer 0.7.2b in to Repetier-Host? -
> how?

I believe you can but I am not sure how. I also know he had a release with 0.7.2b built in that may still be available.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login