Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

slic3r broken in ubuntu/mint 64

Posted by ocularb0b 
slic3r broken in ubuntu/mint 64
February 18, 2013 08:44PM
I've been using slic3r on ubuntu64 for a while now, but it is now unable to generate gcode for known STL files.
I get this error in a pop-up

Argument "\x{25}\x{35}..." isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at /home/scott/local/pkg/Slic3r-0.9.8/lib/std/Slic3r/Layer/Region.pm line 255.

I tried using 0.9.7 and 0.9.5. The former gives a similar error and the latter just crashed.
There must have been some package update that broke this but im not too sure.
I hope someone has a guess whats wrong, my toolchain is broken and I've got stuff to print!
Thanks in advance.
Re: slic3r broken in ubuntu/mint 64
February 19, 2013 05:30PM
Although I have no experience of Ubuntu and slic3r, this looks to be a problem with your config files. When upgrading slic3r, you tend to need to delete the .ini files as they don't appear to be transferable form one version to the next.

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
Re: slic3r broken in ubuntu/mint 64
February 20, 2013 05:07PM
Thanks Moto, i dont recall that being an issue in the past, but it makes sense. It Would be nice if slic3r could check for incompatable configs and give a meaningful error.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login