Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r Upgrade

Posted by new to3Dbob 
Slic3r Upgrade
June 07, 2013 09:05AM
I'm using an old version of Slic3r, version 0.7.1 and would like to upgrade to the current version. I have been working on two INI files for two different filaments for quite a while and am very close to having them perfect. I was just wondering if I can load those INI files in the new version or if I would have to recreate them?

I did try this and they did load, even a quick check of the settings looked ok, but something was obviously different since it did not print nearly as good as it does when I use the old version. Is there a way to convert it to make it load fully or do I have to just type it in again? Thank you,

Bob
Re: Slic3r Upgrade
June 07, 2013 01:36PM
The ini file is just a text file. Save them away in case they get overwritten, but in the worst case, you'd have to manually edit the files. It's a pain, but it wouldn't stop me from upgrading.

BTW - I've never really had to do this. I've never had an issue with an upgrade.
June 07, 2013 02:03PM
I'll try again. I thought maybe since the new version separated the configuration between printer and filament that maybe it was causing a problem. Thanks.
June 07, 2013 03:47PM
even though the config is now separated, you can import the old config files and then save them as new separated config files.
June 07, 2013 05:47PM
Good to know. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login