Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error slicing Prusa STL

Posted by elschlicko 
Error slicing Prusa STL
April 11, 2013 01:56PM
Hey,

I get an error when slicing Prusa STL parts downloaded from http://github.com/prusajr/PrusaMendel.
Following error occurs: "Use of uninitialized value in negation (-) at .../printrun-win-Mar2012-slic3r/Slic3r/lib/std/TriangleMesh.pm line 293."
I'm using Pronterface with Slic3r 0.7.1 for my Prusa.
Also tried in Slic3r 0.9.8 but also results in an error: "Use of uninitialized value in subtraction (-) at .../Geometry.pm line 736."

If I design modells on my own, slicer works fine but with the downloaded STLs I get the error.

Any solutions for me?

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2013 02:06PM by elschlicko.
Re: Error slicing Prusa STL
May 08, 2013 07:19PM
I get the same error, but not all .STL files. Would love a solution if anyone has one?

Found this: [github.com]

Long story short, when right clicking on the .STL file and hitting save as, it's saving as an HTML file. By viewing the RAW data and saving that as a text file/stl it worked fine. I feel pretty stupid, but I guess that's where the best learning happens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2013 04:08AM by kirkram.
May 09, 2013 05:37AM
That problem does occur with some files. You need to download the free version of Netfabb Studio and run the STL.s through the inbuilt file repair app .
July 13, 2013 01:39PM
@waitaki

Thanks so much for the post! I had been having issues with many of the Prusa I2 STL files not slicing properly. Running the repair app in Netfabb Studio worked perfectly. It took 2 seconds and it solved all of my problems cool smiley

Eric
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login