Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skirt WAY too large, out of print area...

Posted by 1013 
Skirt WAY too large, out of print area...
June 27, 2013 12:28PM
Even with the skirt set to 1mm, it is still something like 50+mm away from the model and outside of the print area.

This started when I got dual extruders working, so I think it may have to do with that. using repetier host FYI and teh latest SLic3r (0.9 I think).

Seems to be more of a problem with repetier 0.9 .
I used to be able to change the printer specs in repetier back to a single extruder, and slic3r would put the skirt where it belongs. but the new version of repetier will not allow me to "apply" the printer setup settings with the printer connected, and then slic3r thinks there is a second extruder (maybe it is polling the firmware" I know it thinks there is a second extruder because I can select material for the second extruder in repetier.

I even removed the config files for the dual extruder printer settings in repetier and slic3r...but no luck. It still thinks there is a second extruder.
I will downgrade Repetier in a little bit if I cannot get it to work.

Any thoughts?

BTW, other than not being able to use the skirt, dual extrusion works fine.....and extruder offset is not set in the firmware.
Re: Skirt WAY too large, out of print area...
June 27, 2013 12:44PM
Found a quick fix.

just use a negative number in the skirt distance field....I am using -14mm0 to get about 5mm actual offset.
June 27, 2013 01:10PM
well that fix didn't really work.

graphically it brought the skirt in, but the extruder just vibrated back and forth as it tried to extrude.

But I did find my problem.
First layer thickness was set to 150
Not 150%....just 150. so it thought the first layer was 150mm......DOH
November 02, 2013 06:11PM
Thanks had the same problem, forgot the % sign.

edit: this was the problem but it seems that slic3r was the cause. When I changed it this time I changed the number and added the "%" tried to slice something and had the same problem. I went back to check and it had saved the new number but not the "%". Add it again saved the settings again and it seems to be okay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2013 06:16PM by natecampbell.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login