Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1 parts won't fit in your print area!

Posted by liquidnyquiz 
1 parts won't fit in your print area!
April 18, 2014 11:33AM
This has been posted before, however, it did not solve my issue or answer my question.

Question:
I realize that Slic3r is telling me that the part will not fit in my print area due to it wanting to print a Skirt around the model. I have disabled Skirt. It still gives me same error. So I scale the model to 80% and recenter it. It slices the model this time, but the Skirt is still there, even do is disabled. The model fits on my print bed but the only way I will be able to print it at 100% scale is by getting rid of the Skirt. How can I do this? or is it something built in? or other settings I am missing?

Steps Taken:
-My Printer Settings in Repetier-Host are at 100 mm print volume (Printer Settings>Printer Shape).
-My X and Y Print Settings in Slic3er are at 100 mm (Slicer>Configure>Printer Settings>General>Bed Size).
-Skirt and brim have been disabled by setting Loops: 0 and Brim width: 0 mm (Slicer>Configure>Skirt and brim).

Background Info:
-Printrbot Simple
-100 mm print volume
-Repetier-Host version 0.95F
-Slic3r version 0.9.9

Model Info:
-total X used: 96.10 mm
-total Y used: 56.09 mm
-total Z used: 26.00 mm
-Github Model: Mendel90 Wades Block

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2014 11:35AM by liquidnyquiz.
Re: 1 parts won't fit in your print area!
April 19, 2014 09:12AM
It happens that Slic3r will not actually use/save a value that has been set, especially if it is controlled by a spinner (a text box with to little arrows to increase/decrease the value) and the value is entered directly in the text box. This is the case of the loops setting for skirt and it might be that the value is not actually used/saved. So, set the zero value by clicking the down arrow and eventually save the profile.
Re: 1 parts won't fit in your print area!
April 19, 2014 07:26PM
3Dmaker4U
It happens that Slic3r will not actually use/save a value that has been set, especially if it is controlled by a spinner (a text box with to little arrows to increase/decrease the value) and the value is entered directly in the text box.

This is simply not true. I just tried it both in Linux and Windows, and the value entered directly into a spin box is saved every time. Most people who have problems with this are using Slic3r through pronterface. In order to do this, you cannot use slic3r's profile strategy. Instead, from within slic3r, you need to explicitly EXPORT the configuration into a separate file, and then you need to pass the name of this file from pronterface to slic3r on the slic3r command line that is constructed within pronterface.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login