Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print Center Not Affecting Print

Posted by lorengrooms 
Print Center Not Affecting Print
April 21, 2014 03:36PM
So, my printer prints about a centimeter off from where it should on both the x and y axes, and I thought it would be no big deal to adjust the print center and fix it. But no matter how many times I save and re-slice, or how drastically I change the center, the print goes down in exactly the same place, 1 cm off from where it should. The numbers are always how I left them whenever I reopen slic3r, and I have no idea what could be the issue. Anyone know what the problem is, and a solution? Thank you for your time.
Re: Print Center Not Affecting Print
April 21, 2014 07:29PM
How are you saving the settings when in slic3r, and how do you invoke slicer from your host program? What host are you using? Pronterface??
April 21, 2014 07:57PM
I am clicking the save icon within slic3r and saving them as presets, and then slicing with those presets. I'm using Repetier Host, so slic3r is the automatic slicing program within.
April 22, 2014 12:19AM
From what I can see, Repetier host handles slic3r profiles correctly - although I have no first hand knowledge. You just need to select the appropriate profiles from within Repetier Host before you press the slice button.

You can also make sure that your profiles are being updated correctly from within slic3r - and also make sure that both slic3r and reprtier host are pointing to the same configuration directory. BTW - you can check the contents of the settings file with any text editor - they are simple text files, and you can even edit them directly - although I would advise against it unless you know what you're doing.

Make a change in slic3r, and save the file. Then look in that file in the configuration directory that repetier host knows about and make sure that change is there. It could be that slic3r is saving the files in an alternate location. I know on my ubuntu system, they are sames in ~/.Slic3r. If a different directory is defined in Repetier host, maybe the programs are pointing at two different files.
April 28, 2014 06:49AM
lorengrooms, I recommend trying to slice from a standalone Slic3r. This will let you find whether the problem lies in Repetier-Host (or its configuration) rather than in Slic3r itself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login