Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Object Printing Order

Posted by tayball89 
Object Printing Order
August 20, 2015 10:28AM
Hey Guys,

On each layer, is there a way to force a component of an object to print before moving onto another component? I can't seem to find this previously discussed, and there doesn't seem to be anything obvious within Slic3r's settings.

Background:
I have a hollow object with just 1 layer thick walls, and an an interior support structure that I manually created in CAD software. Both of these components were loaded into Slic3r using the "load part" function, so that they are both aligned properly in relation to one another.

Because the outside "skin" object has very thin walls, I would like for Slic3r to lay down that outside perimeter first, and then move on to the interior component afterward. tThat way the outer skin is laid down in one smooth extrusion. Since the interior structure also has 1 layer thick walls, technically the entire object is ONLY made of of a bunch of perimiters. Because of this, Slic3r doesn't detect the interior structure as "infill" which needs to be printed after the perimiter.

The way Slic3r is currently doing it, is that it will print some of the outer perimeter, and then move to some of the interior, and then move back out to the perimeter, and back in again. This process is probably more "efficient" for this particular object, but is not conducive to a very smooth outer perimeter.

If anyone can advise of a way to trick Slic3r into extruding one component before moving onto the other, I would be very greatful.

Thank you for your help,
Taylor
Re: Object Printing Order
August 23, 2015 04:47PM
Printer Setting --> Output Options
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login