Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r settings not taking effect, and where is retraction?

Posted by Phizinza 
Slic3r settings not taking effect, and where is retraction?
December 14, 2012 07:32PM
I can't find anything in the settings to do with Retraction. I am using v0.9.7.

Also when I set the cooling minimum layer time, it does not work. I set it at 15 seconds and near the end of a print it was printing layers in 11 seconds.

Also if I change the minimum perimeter shells it doesn't change anything and will still infill with the rectilinear pattern. I'm trying the print thin walled circles and it does two perimeters and then infills the less than 0.5mm gap, I'd like to speed it up by just doing a third perimeter..?

Also the concentric infill does nothing different to the rectilinear infill pattern...

Not sure what other settings aren't working either... Speed settings appear to work. So does temperature and the z axis offset settings. Just some things don't seem to make a difference and the ones above are obvious

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2012 08:22PM by Phizinza.
Re: Slic3r settings not taking effect, and where is retraction?
December 15, 2012 03:07AM
Retraction is under "Printer Settings / Extruder 1"

Cooling, did you click on "Enable cooling" in the top of the window? If won't do anything if you don't.

Changing perimeters has nothing to do with amount of infill it's just how many perimeters the outer walls are made of.

I have never used Concentric so I don't know about this.

Otherwise everything you mentioned works fine for me.
December 15, 2012 07:44PM
I did press enable, doesn't limit the minimum print layer time.

I thought minimum perimeter would mean it's minimum as in it has to do that amount. I set it to 5 and it still only does 2 perimeters and then infills the absolutely tiny gap.

Thanks for showing me where the retraction is.
December 15, 2012 09:55PM
If you set the perimeters to 5 it should do 5. I did a cube 2 days ago and set it to 6 perimeters and it did 6. Not sure why you are only getting 2 unless there is a place in the geometry that would limit this. Like if there is a spot where only 2 would fit, I would think it would limit it to 2 total.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login