Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with support Material - 0.9.8

Posted by allanonmage 
Problem with support Material - 0.9.8
February 10, 2013 09:56PM
Hi there! New to this forum and relatively new to 3D printing in general. I just assembled a Printrbot LC and I'm trying to print something that requires support material for the first time. The built-in version of Slic3r included with Pronterface is 0.7.1, which I found doesn't do support material.

I used Slic3r 0.9.8 to slice the .stl and turned on support material. i left the angle at 0, which should make it automatic (that's what the doc and release notes say).

I found out partway into a print that some support material was not generated, which seems weird to me. I'm trying to print this thing:
[www.thingiverse.com]

You can see on the left of the pic that there's a whole bunch of squiggly lines, and the skirt didn't go out that far.

I was thinking of changing the angle value to see if that made a difference.

What else could I do to print this object?
Attachments:
open | download - 20130210_215141.jpg (200.9 KB)
Re: Problem with support Material - 0.9.8
February 11, 2013 02:18AM
Although much better in 0.9.8, slic3r support material generation still has problems. It frequently causes my slic3r to run out of memory. Kisslicer produces much better support imho and separates from the main object more easily.

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login