Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Support too thick?

Posted by albill 
Support too thick?
December 10, 2013 08:25PM
I have the rc1 of the current new slic3r and I notice that since I upgraded, I have a really hard time getting support material to break away. It feels much more strongly attached and thicker. This is using the same PLA that I've been using for quite a while and I never had this issue before. Slic3r doesn't give a lot of settings for support material so I'm not sure what I can do to get the material to be thinner or otherwise easier to break. Any ideas here?
Re: Support too thick?
December 11, 2013 08:22PM
Support was pretty good in 9.10.

I have heard that the person that makes slic3r suggest to "reset" the settings to default for support in 1.0 but I have not found a way to do this and I just think it's messed up.

It's pretty much unusable which is too bad as 1.0 has a better surface finish to it.

If you do find a fix please post it here as I know many people are looking for one.
December 22, 2013 10:51PM
Agreed, I loved the supports in version 0.9.9-dev, but they're garbage in 1.0.0RC1. They used to break off nicely, now they're so firmly attached that the only way is to carve them off with a knife. I feel like a sculptor carving the block of marble until the statue appears. Hopefully the developers can cook up a solution soon.

In the meantime, I'm going back to the old version
January 11, 2014 08:11AM
January 11, 2014 12:05PM
Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login