Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

install problems on ubuntu

Posted by jd1828 
install problems on ubuntu
April 27, 2012 03:39PM
I'm trying to get repetier host to install. I followed all the instructions in the readme file. At the end when I try and run I get the following error:

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode ---> System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Please, refer to [www.opentk.com] for more information.
at OpenTK.Platform.Factory+UnsupportedPlatform.CreateGraphicsMode () [0x00000] in :0
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode..cctor () [0x00000] in :0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at OpenTK.GLControl..ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) OpenTK.GLControl:.ctor ()
at RepetierHost.view.ThreeDControl.InitializeComponent () [0x00000] in :0
at RepetierHost.view.ThreeDControl..ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) RepetierHost.view.ThreeDControl:.ctor ()
at RepetierHost.Main..ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) RepetierHost.Main:.ctor ()
at RepetierHost.Program.Main () [0x00000] in :0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode ---> System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Please, refer to [www.opentk.com] for more information.
at OpenTK.Platform.Factory+UnsupportedPlatform.CreateGraphicsMode () [0x00000] in :0
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode..cctor () [0x00000] in :0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at OpenTK.GLControl..ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) OpenTK.GLControl:.ctor ()
at RepetierHost.view.ThreeDControl.InitializeComponent () [0x00000] in :0
at RepetierHost.view.ThreeDControl..ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) RepetierHost.view.ThreeDControl:.ctor ()
at RepetierHost.Main..ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) RepetierHost.Main:.ctor ()
at RepetierHost.Program.Main () [0x00000] in :0
Re: install problems on ubuntu
April 28, 2012 03:02AM
You need a hardware (Software OpenGL seems not to work) OpenGL driver for your linux. The error happens, because no OpenGL was found on your system.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
May 01, 2012 10:55AM
Thanks, I'm not sure what that means. Is there anyway for me to fix it?
May 01, 2012 11:26AM
jd1828 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks, I'm not sure what that means. Is there
> anyway for me to fix it?

That depends on your Hardware. OpenGL is responsible for 3D visualization. You can say it is the 3d driver of your graphic card. Check your graphic card and if a opengl driver is available for that model. If yes install it and retry the host. There is also a software emulation of OpenGL called Mesa which doesn't work with the .NET OpenGL driver, that's why you need a hardware OpenGL solution from you card vendor.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
May 04, 2012 10:04AM
@JD1828: List here what PC hardware you are using. If it is a loptop, give the model number (the product web page would be good too).

The most important thing to know is the model of Graphics adapter in your machine. If we know this, we can determine if there is an Ubuntu Driver with OpenGL support in hardware.

Once you have that, I can show you how to install the driver, if you need.

-Wildseyed-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login