Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier failed to initialise

Posted by Wired1 
Repetier failed to initialise
July 13, 2012 03:40AM
This has got me stumped. I loaded Repetier Host onto my desktop running Vista and it all works as expected but when I loaded it onto my workshop computer - an old Dell Dimension running XP - it won't run but comes up with the message "The application failed to initialize prpoerly (0xc0000135). CLick on OK to terminate the application." Is this program too new to run on an older computer or have I downloaded the wrong version? Any ideas wild or otherwise will be tried thanks.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
Re: Repetier failed to initialise
July 13, 2012 07:28AM
It maybe needs libraries that are already included/installed in your windows vista, but not the XP one ?

Verify you have the dependencies listed at [github.com] installed - "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and Service Pack 1" is a possible missing one here.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Re: Repetier failed to initialise
July 14, 2012 02:52AM
Yes you are right I think it was a missing service pack. I reset the computer to factory before I started and it took a day to update itself. Today it is running fine so all good.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login