Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Strange reversal

Posted by tmorris9 
Strange reversal
February 17, 2013 12:53AM
I have no idea what caused this and hopefully it was a one time thing but thought it would be worth mentioning.

My machine has an external controller for the heated bed (not computer controlled) and I have gotten pretty good at deciding when to hit print so the hot end catches up with the heated bed. Tonight though I hit print a bit soon and the bed was not hot yet, I just figured I would hit pause during the hot end cycle (before print started) and I did, when the bed was hot enough I un-paused it but the head went to the back right corner (opposite of home) and started going up the Z axis (again opposite of home). I had to hit disconnect and run again and it worked OK.

Something having to do with pause while heating the hot end up caused it to invert or mirror commands.

It's the only time I have ever paused during warm up and it's the only time this has happened.
Re: Strange reversal
February 17, 2013 03:24AM
Pause remembers where it started and gies back to that position afterwards. I have to check if something in that logic is broken in the latest release. Will test it after my trip.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login